DIVE INTO POOL SAFETY: TIPS TO HELP KEEP YOUR FAMILY SAFE
GENERAL SAFETY TIPS
- Know your swimming limits and stay within them. Don’t try to keep up with a stronger skilled swimmer or encourage others to keep up with you. Keep an eye on weaker swimmers—if they appear tired, encourage them to get out of the water and rest.
- Watch out for the “dangerous too’s”—too tired, too cold, too much sun, too much strenuous activity. Get out of the water immediately if any of these situations occur. Stay off the main drain. The suction from the pump could trap you underwater.
- Use common sense regarding food and beverages while swimming.
Click here for more tips […]
SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS FOR CHILDREN
- ALWAYS supervise children when they are in or around your pool or any water environment (stream, bath tub, toilet, bucket of water), no matter what skills your child has acquired and no matter how shallow the water.
- Install physical barriers around your pool and spa to prevent access by young children.
- Fences should be at least four feet high with self-closing, self-latching gates, which are kept in good working order. Don’t leave any furniture near the fence so that a child could climb over into the pool area.
More Tips […]